Vacancy for Production Supervisor/Controller
White Cross Rubber Products Limited is a specialised rubber sheeting, reinforced rubber sheeting and rubber coated textiles manufacturer offering a complete range of custom made and applied technology solutions to meet the exacting needs of high performance industries and customers worldwide. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic production supervisor / controller to join our team:
• The production supervisor/ controller is a key role in the business and will act as a link between the shop floor and senior management.
• The role will be responsible for daily supervision of the production operatives ensuring excellent time keeping and time utilisation as well as fostering a positive working environment and acting as the front line with any disciplinary issues.
• The role will be responsible for delivering the daily and weekly production plan, ensuring that output rates and quality targets are met, supporting all relevant aspects of our ISO 9001 QMS.
• The role will also monitor the usage and deployment of raw and ancillary materials.
• The role will promote the correct usage of PPE, ensure safe working practices and be an advocate for respect and equality in the workplace.
• The role will support the shop-floor training program.
• The role will be required to report any breakdown issues to engineering and senior management and manage down time accordingly.
• When production demands require it, a hands on approach will be required.
However, as well as operating in a full supervisory capacity the role is required to look up…
• The production supervisor/ controller must be capable of taking a more analytical view of the operation in order to monitor and report activities against KPI’s.
• The role will be expected to be an active participant in continuous improvement initiatives working closely with senior management ensuring implementation and adoption on the shop floor
• The successful candidate must be motivated by helping the operation move forwards and will be involved in wide ranging projects in areas such as LEAN manufacturing, stock management, production surveillance, ISO 14001, digitalisation etc.
• The production supervisor/ controller will be encouraged to contribute their opinions about where improvements in the operation can be made.
Experience and characteristics:
• Previous experience of supervising and project management is essential.
• Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is a definite advantage but candidates from other backgrounds who can demonstrate the right attributes will be considered.
• High levels of literacy, numeracy and IT proficiency are expected. The successful candidate must be able to analyse information and write reports. Impeccably inter-personal skills are a given.
• Attainment of higher level educational qualifications and/ or relevant industry qualifications is a definite advantage.
• Full training will be provided where necessary and whilst the candidate will be required to stand alone they will operate in a supportive structure.
This is a full time role based in Lancaster, UK. Shop floor working patterns vary from Mon-Thu 7.00-5.30 and Mon – Fri 8.00 – 4.45 plus over-time. The production supervisor/ controller would be expected to work the hours required to get the job done and support additional initiatives. A competitive package commensurate with experience will be offered.
The production supervisor/ controller role would suit an ambitious candidate who has started their career development and now wants to move into a more all-encompassing role where they will be able to see the impact of their efforts at a time when the business is undergoing a transformation and growing. Career progression is available for the right candidate.
To apply send covering letter and CV to [email protected]